Friday, May 22, 2009

Self assessment for group presentation

Self assessment for group presentation: week 11, group 1, Latin American music


Content & organization:
Each of us took a different approach to our sections – I spoke about one style of music only, as I felt the time limit only allowed me to look at one with reasonable depth, while Una covered the general history of Puerto Rico more and Jemma spoke about influences on Mexican music. In terms of bringing in our backgrounds, I spoke on how the media helped spread the tango and Jemma spoke about music was taught in Mexican schools. In retrospect we could have focused on the international dimensions of the music more. - satisfactory 5/8

Audiovisual media/other presentation material:

I was in charge of the powerpoint (the other girls emailed me their information) so that at least it looked like one presentation instead of three separate ones. I tried to play visually with the powerpoint, to put in meaningful and evocative images and keep the information as a summary, as the powerpoint was meant to visually enhance our presentation but not distract from it. I didn’t want people to only read the presentation and not listen to us. We also tried to do something different and put in videos, both from Youtube and our own videos. We thought this would be more exciting than merely images; unfortunately our video interview didn’t work on the day, despite rigorous testing previously in other classrooms - good 7/8

Presentation skills:
I was a bit loud and casual in my tone, but I think Una and Jemma did a great job of speaking to the class instead of speaking at them. Some speakers speak at the class and drone on with minimal engagement or without any thought of their audience but we maintained a good volume and a good pace - good 6/8

Contributions of members:

Each member was given tasks and we all fulfilled these. I did the powerpoint while Una wrote the introduction and Jemma edited the video on top of our presentations. - good 3/3

No comments:

Post a Comment